TD's green stores use on average 50 percent less energy than heritage stores.
CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, has recently achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for 15 of its newest retail locations across its Maine to Florida footprint.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20081031/NEF005LOGO-a )
LEED, an internationally-recognized mark of excellence by the U.S. Green Building Council, evaluates buildings for their overall environmental performance in six areas: Sustainable Sites, Water Use, Energy Efficiency, Materials and Resource Use, Indoor Environmental Quality, and Innovation and Design. Since TD Bank introduced the new LEED store design in 2010, it has built 21 stores – and four corporate buildings – that have achieved LEED certification, and has about 70 building projects registered for certification.
The following TD Bank retail locations are listed with the level of LEED certification they earned:
- 391 Market Street, Brighton, Mass. – LEED Gold
- 1275A 1st Street NE, Constitution Square, D.C. – LEED Gold
- 665 NW 62nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (net-zero energy store) – LEED Platinum
- 701 West Montauk Highway, West Babylon, N.Y. – LEED Gold
- 485 Montauk Highway, West Islip, N.Y. – LEED Gold
- 290 Merrick Road, Cedarhurst, N.Y. (Rockville Center)– LEED Platinum
- 298 East Main Street, Denville, N.J. – LEED Silver
- 154 Liberty Corner Road, Warren, N.J. – LEED Gold
- 969 S.E. 5th Avenue, Delray Beach, Fla. – LEED Gold
- 15830 Shady Grove Road, Gaithersburg, M.D. – LEED Gold
- 252 Peninsula Boulevard, Hempstead, N.Y. – LEED Platinum
- 2495 NE 8th Street, Homestead, Fla. – LEED Gold
- 5171 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, Fla. – LEED Gold
- 2338 Lakewood Road, Toms River, N.J. – LEED Gold
- 670 Laurel Avenue, Holmdel, N.J. – LEED Gold
"In 2010 we became the largest U.S.-based bank to be carbon neutral by building energy efficient, LEED-certified stores and offices," said Jacquelynn Henke, Real Estate Green Strategy Officer. "Achieving LEED certification for these 15 stores is a win for the environment and communities we serve, as well as for TD Bank's sustainability initiative."
To learn more about TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, stop by a store, visit us at www.tdbank.com, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,280 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized wealth management services through TD Wealth, and insurance products and services through TD Insurance, Inc. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. To learn more, find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US, or visit www.tdbank.com.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America and one of the few banks in the world rated Aaa by Moody's. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Bank