New 4G LTE Windows Phones from HTC and Nokia Planned to Arrive 1H 2012 AT&T Goal is to Deliver Customers the Industry's Best Mobile Broadband Experience With Leading 4G LTE Device Portfolio, Along with Best-in-Class Apps and Network
DALLAS, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ralph de la Vega, president and chief executive officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets, and Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer, Microsoft, jointly announced from the stage of the annual AT&T Developer Summit -- a day before the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas -- that the first 4G LTE Windows Phones will be available exclusively from AT&T*.
- De la Vega and Ballmer were joined by Peter Chou, chief executive officer, HTC, to introduce the HTC TITAN™ II and showcased the smartphone's 4.7-inch display and industry-leading 16-megapixel camera, among other features.
- Stephen Elop, chief executive officer, Nokia, also took the stage to announce that AT&T would be the exclusive carrier for Nokia's first ever 4G LTE Windows Phone in the U.S. De la Vega will join Elop at a Nokia press conference at 3:00 p.m. (PST) later today where more details will be shared.
- The AT&T Developer Summit is a two-day event for software developers to participate in a Hackathon, hear the latest news on AT&T 4G devices and network and get technical news and marketing insights from industry experts. Over 2,000 developers are attending. AT&T remains focused on opening up its network to developers and creating opportunities for collaboration. The two-day AT&T Developer Summit underscores this commitment.
- At the Developer Summit, AT&T also provided an update on its 4G LTE network build and outlined the benefits of its blended network technologies approach, which offers customers with compatible devices consistently fast 4G speeds in and out of 4G LTE areas.
- All news releases and related multimedia content are available in the AT&T online newsroom: att.com/aboutus. Customers can learn more about the devices previewed today at att.com/ces.
Windows Phone Leadership
AT&T is the leader in Windows Phones—outselling all other carriers and planning to offer the first portfolio of 4G LTE-capable Windows Phones. AT&T will exclusively offer the first two 4G LTE-capable Windows Phones in the U.S. The HTC TITAN II, and a new Windows Phone from Nokia will run Windows Phone 7.5 and take Windows Phone users to a new level of mobile broadband with 4G LTE speeds backed by AT&T's nationwide 4G-capable, HSPA+ network.
HTC TITAN™ II
- The HTC TITAN™ II, the latest Windows Phone from HTC, runs on AT&T's 4G LTE network and is powered by a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S2 processor by Qualcomm. TITAN II features AT&T's largest-ever 16-megapixel camera with a dedicated image processor and a back-illuminated sensor for low light. The device's 4.7-inch screen, boasting the largest display among Windows Phones globally, is perfect for watching movies, playing games, emailing or surfing the web.
Exclusive to AT&T, the HTC TITAN™ II will be available in the coming months at AT&T company-owned stores and online.
Nokia Windows Phone
- AT&T will be the exclusive carrier of Nokia's first ever 4G LTE Windows Phone. More details will be shared during Nokia's press conference in Las Vegas at 3 p.m. PST.
"We're thrilled to extend our Windows Phone leadership by being the first carrier to bring 4G LTE Windows Phones to our customers," said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Offering a best-in-class 4G smartphone portfolio, coupled with a fast, high-performing 4G LTE network and innovative, next-generation applications, is how we give our customers the best mobile broadband experience in the industry."
"Windows Phone takes a different approach by putting people first," said Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft. "We're incredibly optimistic about the opportunity ahead and especially today's announcement to launch the first LTE Windows Phones in the U.S. on AT&T's network."
Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. 4G speeds delivered by LTE, or HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul, where available. Deployment ongoing. Compatible device and data plan required. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Learn more at att.com/network.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.