BRAMPTON, ON, Nov. 19, 2011 /CNW/ - Today, TD Canada Trust announced the grand opening of a new concept branch located at 9435 Mississauga Road in Brampton, Ontario. Bringing an innovative approach to branch banking, the new branch offers its diverse customers an open design with a lounge and beverage station, high-tech digital displays and other special features, and is open seven days a week.
"We're very excited to be opening another branch in Brampton, and if feedback from customers who have come through our doors so far is any indication, people really love the new branch design," says Gary Flynn, Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust. "This new open concept is designed with our customers' needs in mind. The new features help ensure that customers have a comfortable experience from the moment they walk in the door, whether they're here for everyday banking, to meet with an advisor, inquire about a loan, or use any of our innovative new features."
Features of the new branch include:
- A Community Boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families, businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- Digital Displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A Customer Lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking
- A Community Wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events.
- A Kids Area equipped with books and computers that provide access to safe and fun children's websites such as TVO Kids and CBC Kids.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities, TD Bank Group presented a $5,000 donation to the Clean City High School Green Club Council of Brampton as part of TD's ongoing commitment to the community. The organization, which represents 17 of the 20 high schools in Brampton, is an initiative formed to increase social responsibility, develop a shared sense of community ownership and increase pride in the local environment. This gift will help the group plan and implement a variety of environmentally conscious projects and initiatives in the area.
The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features full-service Green Machine ATMs which are available 24 hours a day. It offers a full array of personal and small business products and services, including Financial Services Representatives, Small Business Advisors and TD Waterhouse Financial Planners.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, branch hours are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.