13.54 g/t Over 3.04 Meters Including 27.27 Over 1.49 Meters and 111 g/t Over 0.27 Meters
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Oct. 11, 2011) - HARTE GOLD CORP. ("Harte") (TSX:HRT)(FRANKFURT:H4O) is pleased to announce drill results from its current 15,000 metre drill program at the Sugar Zone property.
- Drill hole SZ 11 - 21 returned 13.54 g/t over 3.04 meters including 27.27 over 1.49m and 111 g/t over 0.27m
- Drill hole SZ11–20 returned 3.51 g/t over 6.00m including 6.15 over 2.93m and 14.10 g/t over 0.31m
- Mineralized zone widens with recent drilling and includes disseminated sulphide mineralization
- Preliminary Lynx Zone drill holes (located 500m south east of the Sugar Zone; see Press Release dated September 20, 2011 which referenced surface sample of 595g/t) has identified new mineralized structure – assays returned 6.95 g/t over 0.62m including 13.62 g/t over 0.32m, more drilling to follow in this area
- Block modelling increased to 400m level due to positive drill results from 2011 drill program
- 3 drill holes have been completed between the Sugar Zone Deposit and Wolf Zone Discovery, assays pending
- Initial 6 hole program to follow up on positive IP/Mag surveys at the high potential Fold Nose zone is underway
- Deep drilling program at the Sugar Zone Deposit has been expanded in order to test a geophysics target at the 600 – 1,000m level identified during the recently completed downhole IP survey
|Sugar Zone Extension Drilling|
|Hole Number||Zone||From (meters)||To (meters)||Width (meters)||Grade (g/t)||Visible Gold|
|Sugar Zone Southern Extension & Lynx Zone Drilling|
|Note: Drill results comprise core intersection lengths (true widths unknown)|
Stephen G. Roman, President and CEO commented "Drill results within the current Sugar Zone Deposit area and extensions at depth continue to return significant gold values. Results from high potential exploration drilling at the Lynx Zone, the 1.7 km area between the Sugar Zone and Wolf Zone and the Fold Nose areas will follow. Current drilling is testing IP/Mag survey targets. These targets have been found to be coincident with areas of gold mineralization to date."
About Harte Gold Corp.
Harte Gold Corp. is a Canadian gold exploration company with interests in the Sugar Zone and Stoughton-Abitibi properties located in Ontario, Canada. The Sugar Zone Property is located 60 kilometres east of the Hemlo Gold Camp and holds an NI 43-101 compliant Indicated Resource of 1,117,000 tonnes, grading 8.41 g/t Au for 302,000 ounces of contained gold and an Inferred Resource of 417,000 tonnes, grading 7.13 g/t Au for 95,000 ounces of contained gold. Harte is the operator of the Sugar Zone Property and currently owns a 49% interest with the option to acquire the remaining 51% for consideration equal to $90,000 every six months until payment of $2.5 million by May 28, 2012 or $3 million by May 28, 2013. Harte also holds the Stoughton-Abitibi property located on and adjacent to the Destor-Porcupine Fault Zone in close proximity to the 2.5 million ounce Holloway-Holt Gold Mine in the Timmins Porcupine gold camp.
QA / QC Statement
Diamond drill holes were drilled with NQ sized core in order to obtain larger sample volumes of the mineralized zones. The core was sealed and delivered by the drilling contractor to Harte's facilities located in White River, Ontario. The mineralized sections of the cores were photographed for reference, logged and mineralized sections were sawn in half. Sample lengths were 0.5 meters. Half core samples were bagged, sealed and delivered to Activation Laboratories in Thunder Bay, Ontario, an accredited laboratory. The remaining core is stored on site for reference. Samples were assayed by the fire assay method using an atomic absorption finish on a 50 gram pulp split. A quality assurance and quality control program (QA/QC) was implemented by Harte and the laboratory to ensure the precision and reproducibility of the analytical method and results. The QA/QC program includes the insertion of standards, blanks and field duplicates in the sample batches sent to the laboratory and a systematic re-assaying of samples returning values above 3 g/t Au by the fire assay method using a gravimetric finish.
The drill program is being conducted under the supervision of George A. Flach, P. Geo, Vice President of Exploration for Harte. Mr. Flach is the Qualified Person (QP) as defined in National Instrument 43-101 and has reviewed the technical information contained herein.
Common Shares Outstanding: 146,425,063
The Toronto Stock Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.