TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 20, 2011) - HARTE GOLD CORP. ("Harte") (TSX:HRT)(FRANKFURT:H4O) is pleased to provide an update on current exploration initiatives at the Sugar Zone property.
- Harte increases 2011 drill program to 15,000 metres to cover known mineralized areas and new targets.
- Drilling is currently on-going with 6 holes to be drilled at depth under the Sugar Zone Deposit and 6 holes at the North Dayohessarah / Fold Nose zone.
- Assay results are pending for 6 exploration holes at the newly discovered "Lynx Zone", located south of the Sugar Zone Deposit, where surface samples up to 595 g/t were found.
- Assay results are also pending from 2 drill holes below 400m at the Sugar Zone Deposit, to confirm continuity at depth.
- A downhole geophysics program at the Sugar Zone Deposit was recently completed. Eleven drill holes were surveyed and show continuity of the Deposit along strike and identified shallow and deep targets at 700 – 800m below surface.
- IP/Mag Surveys have been completed over the Wolf Zone / Sugar Zone Deposit, the North Dayohessarah / Fold Nose and Gossan zones; several moderate to strong conductors were discovered.
- A VTem survey over North Dayohessarah / Fold Nose was completed and showed moderate to strong conductors in previously untested areas.
- Potential VMS / Base Metals targets were identified using the VTem survey where coincident Nickel - Copper - Zinc mineralization was found on surface.
- Block Modelling is currently underway for mine planning purposes.
- Road construction providing improved access within the Sugar Zone property was completed.
On completion of the expanded drill program, an updated resource and NI 43-101 report will be completed. This report will be used to complete a feasibility study for mine planning.
Further drill results will be released in due course.
About Harte Gold Corp.
Harte Gold Corp. is a Canadian gold exploration company with interests in the Sugar Zone and Stoughton-Abitibi properties located in Ontario, Canada. The Sugar Zone Property is located 60 kilometres east of the Hemlo Gold Camp and holds an NI 43-101 compliant Indicated Resource of 1,117,000 tonnes, grading 8.41 g/t Au for 302,000 ounces of contained gold and an Inferred Resource of 417,000 tonnes, grading 7.13 g/t Au for 95,000 ounces of contained gold. Harte is the operator of the Sugar Zone Property and currently owns a 49% interest with the option to acquire the remaining 51% for consideration equal to $90,000 every six months until payment of $2.5 million by May 28, 2012 or $3 million by May 28, 2013. Harte also holds the Stoughton-Abitibi property located on and adjacent to the Destor- Porcupine Fault Zone in close proximity to the 2.5 million ounce Holloway-Holt Gold Mine in the Timmins Porcupine gold camp.
QA / QC Statement
Diamond drill holes were drilled with NQ sized core in order to obtain larger sample volumes of the mineralized zones. The core was sealed and delivered by the drilling contractor to Harte's facilities located in White River, Ontario. The mineralized sections of the cores were photographed for reference, logged and mineralized sections were sawn in half.
Sample lengths were 0.5 meters. Half core samples were bagged, sealed and delivered to Activation Laboratories in Thunder Bay, Ontario, an accredited laboratory. The remaining core is stored on site for reference. Samples were assayed by the fire assay method using an atomic absorption finish on a 50 gram pulp split. A quality assurance and quality control program (QA/QC) was implemented by Harte and the laboratory to ensure the precision and reproducibility of the analytical method and results. The QA/QC program includes the insertion of standards, blanks and field duplicates in the sample batches sent to the laboratory and a systematic re-assaying of samples returning values above 3 g/t Au by the fire assay method using a gravimetric finish.
The drill program is being conducted under the supervision of George A. Flach, P. Geo, Vice President of Exploration for Harte. Mr. Flach is the Qualified Person (QP) as defined in National Instrument 43-101 and has reviewed the technical information contained herein.
Common Shares Outstanding: 146,500,063
The Toronto Stock Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.