BRAMPTON, ON, Aug. 15, 2011 /CNW/ - The President's Choice® team has brought together a group of mom experts from across the country to give Canadian parents advice on how to make the transition from lazy summer days to the structure of a back to school routine. Our group of spokesMoms are willing to share their personal back to school survival strategies in an informative and entertaining way.
Samantha Yaffe: Samantha is a Toronto-based writer/editor and busy mom of two young
boys, one of whom suffers from multiple, life-threatening food
allergies. As chair of the Toronto Anaphylaxis Education Group and
volunteer with Anaphylaxis Canada, she is an impassioned advocate and spokesMom within the fast-growing allergy community. As our resident allergy
expert, Sam is on hand to help parents navigate through current school
and childcare policies regarding anaphylaxis, as well as offer tips,
tools and fun ideas for school-safe lunches and play date snacks.
Anne-Marie Armstrong: Based in Halifax, Anne-Marie is a mom to an 18 month old son and has
great tips on the first few years of baby's life, from introducing new
foods to how to ensure your picky eater gets all the nutrients they
need. Plus, as a registered dietician for the President's Choice® product development team, Anne-Marie can suggest healthy and easy
weeknight meal ideas that the whole family will love.
Christine Pilkington: A Vancouverite, Christine is a mom and entrepreneur with three daughters who range from
baby to school-age. As the CEO of Crisp Media Inc., which runs VancouverMom.ca and the Entrepreneur Mom Now Network, this working mom has lots of
advice to help get the whole family involved in everything from packing
lunches to setting the table, to help take some of the pressure off mom
during the school year.
Nathalie Regimbal: A Montreal mom of three, Nathalie is a dietician/nutritionist, writer
for MamanPourLaVie.com and published author of multiple cookbooks. Nathalie offers great ideas
for meals that are easy to prepare and tips on how to introduce kids to
food preparation so they can help with family mealtime.
Dana Speers: Toronto-based Dana Speers is a Gemini award-winning, busy mom to a two
year-old daughter and an executive chef of the President's Choice® Test Kitchen. Though her work with some of the country's greatest chefs
on the Food Network has taken her on exciting culinary adventures, Dana
is equally excited to be our "at-home chef" spokesMom, suggesting simple recipes and offering cooking tips for busy Canadian
- Tina Stewart: Busy Toronto mom of two, Tina Stewart is a registered dietician on the President's Choice® product development team. Whether cooking for her own family, or dreaming up products at work to feed Canadians at large in the Test Kitchen, healthy eating and nutrition are always top of mind for Tina. Allow her to share her nutritional expertise and tips for healthy eating and shopping.
All of the spokesMoms for the President's Choice® brand are available to share tips on a broad range of topics such as:
- Morning stress busters and easy lunch box solutions for school age kids
- How to incorporate prepared food options into your hectic weeknights
- Planning the perfect pizza night - unique new ideas for both kids and parents to enjoy (even fussy ones)
- Organic food ideas for new moms Allergy awareness and safe snacks for children - or classmates - with peanut allergies
- Simple weekly meal plans for busy moms developed by Tom Filippou, Executive Chef for PC® Cooking Schools
- Snack ideas for hungry teens with big after school appetites
- Easy ways to help moms get the whole family involved in dinner prep
- Great slow cooker recipes for the whole family to come home to
As part of the Fall Back to School program, the first President's Choice® Fall Insiders Report® will be in stores on August 17, 2011.
About Loblaw Companies Limited
Loblaw Companies Limited, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited, is Canada's largest food retailer and a leading provider of drugstore, general merchandise and financial products and services. Loblaw is one of the largest private sector employers in Canada. With more than 1,000 corporate and franchised stores from coast to coast, Loblaw and its franchisees employ more than 136,000 full-time and part-time employees. Through its portfolio of store formats, Loblaw is committed to providing Canadians with a wide, growing and successful range of products and services to meet the everyday household demands of Canadian consumers. Loblaw is known for the quality, innovation and value of its food offering. It offers Canada's strongest control (private) label program, including the unique President's Choice®, no name® and Joe Fresh® brands. In addition, the Company makes available to consumers President's Choice Financial® services and offers the PC® points loyalty program.