May 18, 2011 (Canada NewsWire Group) --
TORONTO, May 18 /CNW/ - AGF Investments Inc. and Acuity Funds Ltd. have announced that the following mergers were approved today at special investor meetings:
Trust Fund Mergers:
- AGF Canadian All Cap Equity Fund into Acuity All Cap 30 Canadian Equity Fund
- AGF Pure Canadian Balanced Fund into Acuity Conservative Asset Allocation Fund
- Acuity Canadian Equity Fund into AGF Canadian Stock Fund
- Acuity Global Dividend Fund into AGF Global Dividend Fund
- Acuity Global High Income Fund into AGF Global Dividend Fund
- Acuity Money Market Fund into AGF Canadian Money Market Fund
- (Acuity) Alpha Balanced Portfolio into AGF Elements Balanced Portfolio
- (Acuity) Alpha Global Portfolio into AGF Elements Global Portfolio
- (Acuity) Alpha Growth Portfolio into AGF Elements Growth Portfolio
- Acuity Dividend Fund into Acuity Growth & Income Fund
Closed-End Fund Mergers into Acuity Trust Funds:
- Acuity Focused Total Return Trust into Acuity Growth & Income Fund
- Acuity Growth & Income Trust into Acuity Growth & Income Fund
- Acuity Small Cap Corporation into Acuity Canadian Small Cap Fund
If also approved by regulators, the closed-end fund mergers will take effect on or about July 8, 2011, and the trust fund mergers will take effect on or about August 26, 2011. The final TSX trading date for the closed-end funds is expected to be June 30, 2011.
Investors also approved:
- The amalgamation of Acuity Corporate Class Ltd. ("ACCL") and AGF All World Tax Advantage Group Limited ("AWTAG") into a single mutual fund corporation also to be known as AGF All World Tax Advantage Group Limited ("Amalco")
- Merger of Acuity All Cap 30 Canadian Equity Class with AGF Canadian Growth Equity Class, to continue as "AGF Canadian Growth Equity Class" in Amalco
- Merger of Acuity Natural Resource Class with AGF Global Resources Class, to continue as "AGF Global Resources Class" in Amalco
If also approved by regulators, the proposed amalgamation and corporate class fund mergers will take effect on or about October 1, 2011.
The meeting of investors of Alpha Income Portfolio, called to approve the merger of Alpha Income Portfolio into AGF Elements Yield Portfolio, has been adjourned to May 31, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the offices of AGF Investments Inc.
As a result of the prescribed quorum requirements not being met at the meeting of investors of Acuity Pooled Dividend Fund to approve the merger of Acuity Pooled Dividend Fund into Acuity Growth & Income Fund, the meeting has been adjourned to May 31, 2011 at 10:20 a.m. at the offices of AGF Investments Inc.
Additionally at the meetings, investors of some of the Acuity trust funds and Acuity pooled funds were asked to approve certain changes to the respective funds' declarations of trust. Since quorum requirements were not met for some of the funds, the meetings of the following Acuity trust funds and Acuity pooled funds have been adjourned to May 31, 2011 at 10:10 a.m. (Acuity trust funds) and 10:30 a.m. (Acuity pooled funds):
- Acuity EAFE Equity Fund
- Acuity Pooled Canadian Balanced Fund
- Acuity Pooled Conservative Asset Allocation Fund
- Acuity Pooled Corporate Bond Fund
- Acuity Pooled Diversified Income Fund
- Acuity Pooled Fixed Income Fund
- Acuity Pooled High Income Fund; and
- Acuity Pooled Social Values Canadian Equity Fund
About AGF Management Limited AGF Management Limited is one of Canada's premier independent investment solutions firms with offices across Canada and subsidiaries around the world. AGF's products include a diversified family of award-winning mutual funds, mutual fund wrap programs and pooled funds. AGF also manages assets on behalf of institutional investors including pension plans, foundations and endowments as well as for private clients. In addition, AGF Trust is a complementary business that offers GICs, loans and mortgages through the financial advisor and mortgage broker channels. With approximately $52 billion in total assets under management, AGF serves more than one million investors. AGF trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol AGF.B.
Media, please contact AGF Public Relations and Public Affairs:
|Susan Yellin||Lucy Becker|
|416-815-6211, email@example.com||416-865-4284, firstname.lastname@example.org|