Dec. 3, 2010 (Canada NewsWire Group) --
BRAMPTON, ON, Dec. 3 /CNW/ - From shopping and entertaining to spending quality time with friends and family, December marks one of the busiest times of year for many Canadians. With this in mind, select Loblaw Companies Limited banner stores are extending holiday hours to help time-starved Canadians manage the demands of the holiday season.
Starting today, more than 70 Real Canadian Superstore® locations will be open 24 hours through to December 23 in Western Canada.
Good holiday preparation starts with stocking up on food that everyone loves.
- President's Choice® Gourmet Belgian Chocolate Collection is imported from Belgium and includes a deluxe assortment of six flavours of premium quality chocolate. A generous 30 piece box and this MUST TRY! is available for a limited time only.
- Dulce devotees will be blown away by the new MUST TRY! President's Choice® Creamfirst™ Dulce de Leche Ice Cream. Every spoonful offers sumptuous dulce de leche ice cream swirled with a sweet and gooey caramel ribbon - made with 100% Canadian cream as the first ingredient. A perfect item to stock up for any last minute guests.
- Back for the holidays! President's Choice® Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge Crackle™ Ice Cream. A hit for almost 20 years thanks to the luscious ice cream, bits of peppermint candy and unique chocolate fudge strands that explode with flavour in your mouth.
Looking for a great tree?
- Consider buying a 100 per cent Canadian-grown tree this year, like the MUST TRY! President's Choice® Fraser Fir. Loblaw is committed to sourcing with integrity, so Loblaw proudly works with its loyal Canadian tree farmers who carefully select the best from their crops so you can enjoy lush green colour, shape and fullness, lasting freshness and great needle retention.
To help take some of the stress out of the holidays, customers can find an array of crowd-pleasing gifts for everyone on their list at great prices without having to sacrifice taste, quality or style. A broad range of well-priced national brand products and general merchandise, including Loblaw's own President's Choice®, Joe Fresh Style™, PC® Home Collection and no name® brands.
To learn more about what's in store for the holidays, visit www.pc.ca. For specific locations and holiday hours in your area, see your store for details or visit www.superstore.ca.
About Loblaw Companies Limited
Loblaw Companies Limited, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited, is Canada's largest food distributor and a leading provider of drugstore, general merchandise and financial products and services. Loblaw is one of the largest private sector employers in Canada. With more than 1,000 corporate and franchised stores from coast to coast, Loblaw and its franchisees employ over 138,000 full-time and part-time employees. Through its portfolio of store formats, Loblaw is committed to providing Canadians with a wide, growing and successful range of products and services to meet the everyday household demands of Canadian consumers. Loblaw is known for the quality, innovation and value of its food offering. It offers Canada's strongest control (private) label program, including the President's Choice® no name® and Joe Fresh Style® brands. In addition, the Company makes available to consumers President's Choice Financial® services and offers the PC® points loyalty program.
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: Photos accompanying this release is available at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited members of the media/
Loblaw Public Relations Department
(905) 459-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org