TORONTO, ONTARIO, Jul. 13, 2010 (Marketwire) -- HARTE GOLD CORP. ("Harte") (TSX VENTURE:HRT)(FRANKFURT:H4O) is pleased to announce that results from metallurgical testing of Sugar Zone mineralization conducted by SGS Lakefield Research Ltd. ("SGS") indicate a total gold recovery rate of 98% of which 80% is recoverable utilizing gravity concentration methods.
Stephen G. Roman, President commented: "The SGS results are a very important development for this project as the 80% gravity recovery rate and the potential to process ore on site with a simple gravity plant should significantly reduce capital requirements and minimize the environmental footprint of any future mining operations." In addition, Mr. Roman stated; "This type of gold recovery process substantially improves process economics making the Sugar Zone Project potentially more profitable".
Harte also provided an update on current exploration initiatives:
-- An updated 43-101 technical report, incorporating recent drill results
is near completion
-- Ground proofing the area around high grade surface samples discovered in
the summer 2009 in order to define drill targets for the next phase of
-- Line cutting over the Sugar Zone resource area to facilitate resource
definition and expansion drilling has been completed and is on-going at
the newly acquired Halverson Claims
-- Induced Polarization (IP) surveys will begin once line cutting is
-- Design and tender of a two rig diamond drill program is underway - the
drill program is scheduled to begin in September and will focus on
expansion and definition drilling on the Sugar Zone resource and
exploration drilling of new target areas
About Harte Gold Corp.
Harte Gold Corp. is a Canadian gold exploration company with interests in the Sugar Zone and Stoughton-Abitibi properties located in Ontario, Canada. The Sugar Zone Property is located 60 kilometres east of the Hemlo Gold Camp in White River, Ontario, and holds an NI 43-101 compliant inferred resource of 904,400 tonnes grading 9.75 g/t Au for 284,000 ounces of contained gold. Harte is the operator of the Sugar Zone Property and currently owns a 49% interest with the option to acquire the remaining 51%. Harte also holds the Stoughton-Abitibi property located on and adjacent to the Destor-Porcupine Fault Zone in close proximity to the 2.5 million ounce Holloway-Holt Gold Mine in the Timmins Porcupine gold camp.
Common Shares outstanding: 128,224,169
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.