TORONTO, Jan. 15 /CNW/ -- With the recent earthquake devastation in Haiti, Corus' network of news-talk stations will air Operation Haiti, a live radiothon hosted by Charles Adler on Monday, Jan. 18, 2010 (Canada NewsWire Group) -- from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET, to raise funds for Canadian Red Cross relief efforts.
Airing across Canada, Operation Haiti can be heard live on air or online on the following Corus news-talk stations:
- CKNW AM 980 (Vancouver) - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
- AM 770 (Calgary) - 12 noon to 3 p.m. MT
- 630 CHED (Edmonton) - 12 noon to 3 p.m. MT
- CJOB 68 (Winnipeg) - 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. CT
- AM640 Toronto Radio (Toronto) - 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET (available as a
live video stream on 640toronto.com)
- AM 900 CHML (Hamilton) - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET
- AM980 (London) - 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
- AM 1220 (Cornwall) - 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Other non-Corus news-talk stations that will also carry Operation Haiti
- C-FAX 1070 (Victoria) - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
- Radio NL (Kamloops) - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
- AM 1150 (Kelowna) - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
- AM920 CKNX (Wingham) - 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
"As Canada's largest private news-talk network, we have the strength, reach and impact to galvanize listeners to assist the residents of Haiti," said Doug Rutherford, Vice President, Western Radio, Corus Entertainment. "With 12 news-talk stations on board and Charles Adler at the helm, our staff and affiliates are enthusiastically embracing this on-air initiative to help raise relief funds for Haiti."
Canadian Red Cross donations for Haiti earthquake relief efforts can be made either online at www.redcross.ca or by phone at 1-800-418-1111.
CKNW AM 980, AM 770, 630 CHED, CJOB 68, AM640 Toronto Radio, AM 900 CHML, AM980 and AM 1220 are owned by Corus Entertainment Inc., a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, advertising services, television broadcasting, children's book publishing and children's animation. The company's multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, W Network, CosmoTV, VIVA, Movie Central, HBO Canada, Nelvana, Kids Can Press and radio stations including CKNW, CKOI and Q107. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto (CJR.B) and New York (CJR) exchanges. Experience Corus on the web at www.corusent.com.